Wednesday 16 July 2008

Korean Concerns...



Hello fellow bloggers.....!

It appears I brutally abandoned my blog site for a while. I went through a series of ups and downs and ins and outs.. basically and came full circle!

This blog started off about being an outlet to document my journey to Korea. I wanted to go and work there. To soak in the atmosphere of this lesser known country. Many people have asked me what is my desire to visit such a place when not much is known about it..Which is sort of my point...

We know about Japan, and also China. Many people tend to go to these places to travel, teach english and generally hang for a while. Korea fascinates me; its almost undiscovered; its not as popular as China or Japan and that is what makes it unique.

If I can get to the land of the morning calm and discover its inner world, that would be truly a treat!

Unfortunately, I have hit a few snags along the way and although have decided against teaching in a public school or private for the time being (for reasons which I won't document just yet) I thought I would go there and learn Korean for a while.

My journey should start around mid November 2008. Until then I have decided to work up until end October whilst still here in the UK.

I will keep you posted of my journey along the way and document my time off from work (1 year career break!) Whu-hu...

1 comment:

Charles Montgomery said...

Diya,

found your blog on the Korean Blog List. Sorry to do this in comments, but I didn't see an email link.

Hello,

My name is Roger Wellor and I’m doing a study of the successes and failures of Korean International Tourism Marketing. I have a brief survey online that I invite you to take. It is designed to be answered by Korean/US bloggers and to give a slight outline of how these cross-cultural thinkers evaluate Korea’s International Marketing.

Your email will not be used for anything other than this survey (in fact it is not a required field in the survey) and if you have any questions, I can be contacted here at rwellor@spunangel.com.

Here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=C1BZDkamZB1C03Q_2ftJTkVw_3d_3d

thank you,

Roger…

PS - feel free, if you're feeling extra-charitable, to link this survey for your browsers. ;-)